Wednesday, October 26, 2011

All Hallows Eve

ALL HALLOWS EVE

"Nothing that is complete breathes."

— Antonio Porchia, Voces, 1943, translated from Spanish by W.S. Merwin


Yes, I know... it's been awhile. Perfection has scared me away from blogging this year. I have grand ideas and if I can't execute them perfectly, then I don't blog at all.

In this crazy thing called life, I am learning to let go of the need for perfection in some areas so that I can actually live. Yes, I know its a novel idea, but I often have to remind myself what this life is really all about. It's more important that I celebrate the season in fun ways with my children then having the perfect blog replete with Halloween printables from The Blu Sash and the perfect party table photo shoot.

And so it is. All Hallows Eve in all its sweet and lovely imperfection. At least it is to me. When I look at these grainy iPhone photos I see Avery and I sprinkling glitter on the black branches, we are writing silly messages and drawing Jack-o-lanterns on our chalkboard bottles. West and I are hanging cloth ghosts with hand drawn faces from our ghost tree. We are eating our dinner by the glow of pumpkin light.

The fear that I might wake up one day and regret what I didn't do with my children far out weighs the fear of imperfection.

I would rather be an imperfect mother than a perfect designer any day!


Bat Garland, a simple & fun craft.

The Simmons Family Ghost Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment