Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Let them eat cake

 ONE FISH...

Hello! Happy rainy and cold Wednesday to you! I thought we all could use a little bright spot in our day, so I am posting a cake I did for a "Suessical" birthday party. This is by no means an original cake design, but I LOVED making it. I don't make cakes professionally, but love doing them on occasion for family and friends.

Dr. Suess and I go way back. Cat in the Hat was my absolute favorite book and the fish was my favorite character. In fact, I have the exact same book my mother read to me at home. I now read it to my kids regularly. It's missing it's spine, but it's still in good shape! I marvel at my mother's ability to keep things so well preserved.

I truly credit Dr. Suess with inspiring my illustrative style and my my passionate love for children's books! Speaking of those two things, I hope to have more to share with you all in that arena later this year or early next year. I have some exciting things I am "cooking" up graphically, but there is still a lot of groundwork to be laid. I am so excited though!

Have a "Suessical" day!


No comments:

Post a Comment