Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Cupcake Dreams and Candle Wishes

Ever since my daughter was born I have been mad about Birthday's. I think it was remembering the amazing cakes my mother would make for each birthday and how special they made me feel, that got me really excited about birthdays. I remember thinking how wonderfully talented my mother was when she replicated the cover of my Little Golden Cinderella book on the front of my "princess party" cake. All the little girls showed up in long dresses. We decorated crowns with sequins and played pin the slipper on Cinderella, (which my mother had hand drawn and cut out). She was a great artist in my eyes and I don't think she knows how loved those parties always made me feel.

Now, I am so utterly crazy about birthdays that I start planning the next one as soon as I finish the current one. It's not that I feel I have to one-up anyone, including myself, it's just that I LOVE, absolutely LOVE, parties! I am passionate about them. They really get my creative juices flowing. I love sweets. I love cakes. I love balloons. I love to watch the shear joy on children's faces at a party. Birthday parties are full of a happiness that always gets me dreaming and doodling about the next one. Yes, I do wear myself out planning, preparing and creating for each birthday, but it's worth it when my daughter's eyes open wide and a smile spreads across her face upon seeing her cake. When my son saw his cupcakes this year he shouted "Oooohhhh, I love it!" in his angelic two year old voice. My heart melted. That's what it's all about!

It has been worth every second to share those moments with my children. I hope they will feel as special as my mother made me feel. For that reason, I thought I'd share my complete party ideas and plans with you for each party in a six part series called Cupcake Dreams & Candle Wishes.

Some of my ideas are my own, some are inspired by others and many are taken from the pages of a Martha Stewart magazine (who can resist a "good thing"?). I hope I can provide you with some inspiration for your next great Birthday party with photos, links, recipes and patterns. Here's to cupcake dreams and candle wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment